Sunday, November 14, 2010

Maison de Lys

CCC#20

This is the second in a series of houses I am building for my village. This original is created for Linda Ledbetter’s Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #21 at Studio L3. This week’s technique is Perfect Distress on page 38 of the wonderful book from Tim Holtz. I have used it on the roof. Unfortunately, the exquisite pearl-like finish isn’t evidenced on these photos, but it is there.

Supplies used: All cardstock from Club Scrap (kits used were Textiles and Notions, Blossom, and Destinations). Stamps from Friendship, Collections, and Be Wonderful also from Club Scrap. Distress inks from Ranger. All house cardstock shapes cut on Silhouette SD. Ridge cap edge design created with doily lace punch from Martha Stewart. Also used some glitter from Martha and Stickles from Ranger.

6 comments:

  1. I want to live in this little cutie. Can we enlarge the plans and build it IRL???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, this is a masterpiece! Now that I've admired two of your ingenious little houses, I want to move into that village you're creating! I love this idea, and you're doing such an incredible job with these CCC pieces.

    The perfect distress looks great, and the colors are so sweet (and will compliment your Industrial Grunge house wonderfully! The die cut siding and fleur de lis pieces are fabulous, and the tiny windows couldn't be more perfect.

    I hope you've having as much fun making these as I'm having admiring them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your houses are turning out just wonderful! Can't wait for the whole village!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen you rock! Love this so much! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind comments. I am LOVING this little project and applying the CCC techniques makes it that much more challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, you really take your houses up to a higher level. This is so sweet and sophisticated at the same time. When you two build this house, be sure to put in a guest room for me.

    ReplyDelete