Sunday, November 30, 2014

Make It Monday #190

You don't even want to know how much work went into this card. It is a birthday card for a dear friend who is turning 70 and isn't all that happy about it. He is an avid bicyclist so I felt this card would be the perfect salve for his feelings. The greeting inside says "Life is like riding a bicycle. In order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. Just keep on pedaling."

I made it for the Make It Monday #190 challenge at Papertrey Ink. We were asked to create our own plaid. The only stamps I own by Papertrey Ink which could be used for a plaid design where two little pavement strips from City Scene. After I finished grousing about that fact, I realized that a roadway would be perfect for this card. Making a plaid design with ink is much more difficult than it first appears. Kudos to everyone who has done in successfully.

Papertrey sets used for this card are City Scene, Pedal Pusher and Birthday Classics: December. I also used the matching dies for Pedal Pusher. Papers are from DCWV Merry Christmas stack and Club Scrap. Thanks for pedaling by.

4 comments:

  1. This card makes me smile. I love it and so will he. You did a fantastic job on your plaid and the whole card is just delightful. It shows what a great friend he is to you and you to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable - perfect for your bicyclist friend's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plaid looks great....reminds me of Tim Holtz tutorial to make plaid using alcohol ink and glossy paper. LOVE that bicycle and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete