Sunday, January 15, 2012

What a Ride!


Julie over at Club Scrap is hostess for the Monthly Challenge. She suggested a Winter-inspired layout for January. I created this one on Orient Express cardstock, using OE digital stamp images and a snowflake border cut on Silhouette and painted with Snow Cap Adirondack Paint Dabber. Train sticker is from my ancient Mrs. Grossman stash (will I ever use that up?). Sketch is based upon Week Two/Sketch Two from Double Take class by Nic Howard and May Flaum at Big Picture Classes.
Layout features photos taken on a December train trip with my Mom to Reno, through a little bit of snow. Not as much snow as I was hoping to see but certainly illustrates Winter Wonders in the Sierra Nevada. I apologize for the photography but I couldn't get a sharp photo without flash and with flash, you can obviously see hot spots on the photos.. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. such a perfect kit for this trip and what a cool experience. wish i could have been there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECT colors and kit for your photos. Love the die cut :)

    ReplyDelete