Thursday, November 1, 2012

Holiday Card Workshop - Day One

On Monday, I started a new online class called Holiday Card Workshop with Jennifer McGuire, Kristina Werner and other guest teachers at Onlinecardclasses.com. For the first card, Jennifer taught us how to mass produce stamped cards using a Fiskars Stamp Press. Unfortunately, I haven't purchased one of those toys but I do have a sheet of acrylic from my ancient Inkadinkado Stamp Corner. So I had to improvise. I used stamps from my stash which I can't identify right now. The cards shown above use a masking technique which leaves the center strip clear for stamping a sentiment. I think it creates a striking image. There are also scored horizontal lines in the middle section which don't show in this photo but do provide another layer of texture. I went with non-traditional colors for my first Holiday card of the year. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. who can argue with purple shaded snowflakes? Yours turned out great!!! Mine, not so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sweet cards. Very "A" list:)

    ReplyDelete