Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Road Trip

Skating in at the last minute on the Scrapbook Sketch Challenge over at PaperArtistsOnline. I struggle with single page layouts. I finally decided that I should make one that I could use as a title page for my Road Trip Scrapbook for the trip in September of 2012 with Chrissie. I have labored over this layout all darned month. Finally picked up the photo yesterday and finished it off tonight. The original sketch called for doily shapes. I substituted gears for that shape. I cut many of them on my Silhouette (along with the "steampunk branch and leaf and the arrows). The rest were cut with Spellbinders nesties. Everything was inked up with Tea Dye Distress Ink. Title is made with foam Thickers. I am so happy to use up something from my ancient stash. I am sure I have owned that bracket-shaped die cut paper for at least seven years. Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. excellent take on the sketch! Love how you used the gears, and look, TWINS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what Nancy said. This is a terrific interpretation of that sketch. And you two look so cute and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy indeed. Best. Day. Ever.
    The arrows and gears are all so perfect and i love the colors too. Well done sissy.

    ReplyDelete