Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Perfect Day

After lurking around on the Get It Scrapped site for about a year, I finally took the plunge and signed up for classes. This layout was made after watching a video about Bracket foundations on a layout. My February motif is Bicycles so I'm diligently working on using up my Club Scrap Wheel and Sprocket kit materials. And that is quite a challenge. I have posted this layout as my first offering over at Get It Scrapped. We'll see how I fit in. 

Anyway, this style of layout is way out of my comfort zone but I'm happy with the result. As you may recognize, I am a two page layout person so one page makes me feel a little lost. Most of my photos come from days when I've taken a boatload of pictures. These two, however, are from 1987, the pre-digital days. When I might only take two photos at an event or on any given outing. Roy and I biking on the American River Bikeway (as it was known back in the day). All supplies are Club Scrap except for a few little embellishments. Thanks for stopping by. 

2 comments:

  1. This turned out so well. I don't think you have anything to worry about "fitting in" at GIS. I love all your little details too. Particularly the washi tape:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are joining us over at GIS. I find many things there that take me out of my comfort zone, but I can tell my scrapping is improving. I'm sure you'll find the same. Your layout looks great. Gears/sprockets are something I have trouble using, so I like how you've incorporated them here. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete