Thursday, December 4, 2014

Holiday Card Workshop 2014 - Day One

I took advantage of the Black Friday sales to purchase this year's Holiday Card Workshop class from onlinecardclasses.com.

This card is my version of the Day One assignment. Kristina Werner created an adorable card using texture paste and a falling snow stencil. I had neither one of those items so I used an old tool from my stash, the Provo Craft shape punch of a star. I made my own stencil just using card stock and applied Dreamweaver metallic gold embossing paste to create the stars. I'm happy with the results, using items I already had on hand.

I also did not have a round stamp like Kristina used. So I decided to paper piece with a die set I purchased last year and never used. The little igloo is from Impression Obsession. The penguin was cobbled together using parts from the penguin in the same die set as well as my standby, the Stampin' Up! Owl punch. Oh, and the old Santa hat from Quickutz. Man, there's a lot of old stuff going on here.

I don't like to have my twine wrapped around the card so I just used red paper strips to set off the main panel. The Merry die cut word is a RAK from my good Squirrley friend Nancy.

I'm actually happy with this one. Thanks for sliding by.

No comments:

Post a Comment