Sunday, May 8, 2011

Grungy Monday–Week Five

As we live a life of ease, everyone of us has all we need. Sky of blue and sea of green in our yellow submarine.

GM 05

This fifth week’s challenge from Linda Ledbetter at Studio L3 is to create a niche in which to place an object. Check out her link if you’d like more info. In keeping with my personal challenge of using Beatle songs as my interpretation of the challenges, I chose to use a button/badge which I have had since I was fourteen. I pinned it on my school uniform sweater every day for four years, right above my name pin, much to the dismay of Sister Leticia. This was a button which preceded the artwork of the movie Yellow Submarine, so it does look a little different than the Yellow Soob (as we called it) which many of you may have come to know. However, I did use the artwork from the movie as my inspiration for creating what will be the cover of my book to store all of these Grungy Monday challenges. I used the “herringbone” technique on the sea of green. And the Rays folder by Tim Holtz for the sun in the sky of blue. The pointing hand was cut on a Cuttlebug Embossing Plus Vintage Collage folder. All cardstock, including black foam core board, are from Club Scrap. Love rubber stamp is also Club Scrap. Flower from Stampin’ Up punch and brad is from stash. Distress ink used on Rays and many edges. Perfect Pearls spray on Rays also. Stickles used to add some sparkle. Lyrics were computer generated. Thank you for your comments. They give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Club Scrap kits used include: Yellow and blue from Solstice, greens from Wheel & Sprocket, Stratosphere, Natural Resources, Evergreen, Refresh, and Simply Beautiful, red from Gratitude. Love stamp from Tie Dye altered with bike wheel from Wheel & Sprocket.

Thanks to one of my posted commenters, I was also able to enter this piece in the challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show where the requirement is to show some hands. Thanks, sasa.

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love the pin and how you combined the techniques. I look forward to seeing which Beatles song you pick to match the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fan and funky colours - love it! The sub looks great. You could also enter this at Simon Says Stamp and Show (it's about hands!)
    Sarah at 54

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff - you made it - just loved the fun feeling of your piece, so glad you can share it! Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Hope to see you again soon.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song and I wish I had that pin. What a great piece, this is Fab (4) and funky, and brings back alot of memories. I love the colors you used, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jen, this is fabulous. I L-O-V-E it! the herringbone sea of green is perfect and those rays in the sky of blue are just genius. What a perfect showcase for that pin (which I'm sure is worth a few $$$). Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's terrific! What a great cover for your fun technique/Beatles tribute book.

    ReplyDelete