Thursday, July 7, 2011

Club Scrap Monthly Card Sketch Challenge

July CardSketch

I posted this card over at my other blog and just plain forgot to post it here on my scrappy blog. So Happy Seventh of July to you as well as a Merry Birthday to Ringer Starr, drummer extraordinaire.

This is my interpretation of the card sketch. I chose the Eight of Hearts from the ALCM deck, using Refresh blue and Americana red. The pennants are the dot paper from Gratitude (which I dearly love). The twine is from Martha Stewart. The stamp on the circle shape is from Fiesta. White edges are inked with Antique Linen Distress ink.

As you may have noticed, I’m taking a bit of a summer break from card making, Squirrely challenges and Grungy Mondays, however, I will soon be stepping up again with creating layouts, my first love. Club Scrap’s annual Summer Camp started yesterday so I will be creating layouts as fast as my little fingers will glue. I hope to put together quite a few so keep your fingers crossed for me. With bicycling and other summer activities, it may be difficult to keep up a good pace. But I am looking forward to getting back to doing some serious scrappin’.

1 comment: