Thursday, September 1, 2011

Club Scrap Card Sketch Challenge

It’s a new month and a new sketch. Here is the sketch I have posted at Club Scrap to provide a challenge for my friends over there.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I created three samples of cards using paint chips and faux paint chips to give the gals a push. The first card was created for our good neighbors, Myron and Irene. We learned yesterday that their Welsh Terrier Cardi had passed on. Having lost our beloved Cairn in January, we know well the pain they are going through right now. I didn't have an image of a Welsh Terrier so I used a Club Scrap image of a Cairn on our sympathy card. This card uses paper scraps to create the idea of paint chips. Inside I have told them that Cardi and Denni are now playing together again along with a heartbreaking poem which appeared on several cards we received in January.

Cardi Sketch

They are gone
from our sight...
but never our memory,
gone from our hearing...
but never our hearts,
gone from our touch...
but their presence is felt,
and the love that they gave us
never departs.

The next card uses faux paint chips which were included in a Club Scrap kit from several years ago called Hearth and Home.

Flutterbye Sketch

And the last one uses actual paint chips from the hardware store. Back on my task of trying to create a few Christmas cards each month so I don’t have a lot of them to make in December.

SnowflakeSKETCH

All supplies are from Club Scrap except for snowflake brads. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment