Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Squirrely Challenge – Embossed Glossy

Head Squirrel Nancy has resumed our Squirrely Challenges with one called Embossed Glossy. As usual, I am multi-tasking with my crafting. DH required a birthday card for his good buddy. As I’ve mentioned, I’m taking an online class from Jennifer McGuire (see sidebar) so I’ve combined all challenges into one with this card. It’s a fairly simple technique and the look of it doesn’t really come across too well in my photo but, trust me, it looks like suede. Hubby requested a card with “No Tarting Up” but amazingly asked for glitter. Go figure. So I suppose I should give him Art Director credit on this as I’m sure I would have put more embellishment on it if left to my own devices.

Squirrely Challenge

The card base is from Club Scrap’s All That Jazz kit as was the glossy cardstock used for the technique. I used Colorbox Chestnut Roan Chalk ink for the brown color after running the cardstock through my Cuttlebug using an embossing folder. The sevens were cut on my Silhouette layering four cuts for each one to give some dimension. I used Tiara Stickles to give the glitter look requested by Hubby. The greeting was stamped and cut out with my own hand. Unbelievable.

Thanks for looking. Feels good to be back at my craft table.

2 comments:

  1. excellent - not too tarty but with a bit of sparkle! The gears were a perfect choice! He must've wanted glitter because of his new BFF Carson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a nice looking card jen. stickles make everything wonderful.

    ReplyDelete