Thursday, February 28, 2013

Kentucky Quilt Barns

In the fall of 2011, my Mom, sister Chrissie and I drove to Cumberland Falls in south central Kentucky in search of the elusive Moonbow. Along the way, we snapped photos of many of the Quilt Barns we saw from the roadway. You know me. Always thinking out of the box. I used the Common Threads quilt-y kit from Club Scrap to create this layout. Another layout to suit the Curvy challenge for Week 3 of PSL. I used some die cuts sent to me by my scrappy sister Chrissie, made with the Stampin Up Lattice die. Perfect for this layout. I was going to go to the trouble of designing a tobacco quilt shape (as shown in one of the photos) to represent Kentucky, but I felt this ready-made die cut resembled that shape to some degree and, hey, I used my stash. Another BPC Double Take sketch, too. Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know there were those kind of barns. Really neat layout, like piece Chrissie sent you and it works perfectly.

    p.s. way to think outside the box with your kit choice ;)

    ReplyDelete