Sunday, March 10, 2013

Learn Something New Every Day

Last September, Farley and I took a class from Shimelle called Learn Something New Every Day. I failed miserably at it with so much else going on that month and fully planned to eventually get back to it. The "every day" part of it is what I found overwhelming. So I am going to try to complete the class by learning something new every WEEK, still following Shimelle's thought-provoking prompts. This week's prompt was to talk about my latest Big Adventure. Which in my case was the first ever Beer Tasting Class on DH's birthday.

In addition, I decided to use the teapot shaped book which was one of our goodies from West Coast Scrap Scramp Camp. I have never attempted an altered book of any kind, much less one in the shape of a tea pot. So I'm not expecting much of myself. It is a learning experience and one I plan to hammer out if it takes me forever. 

I used so many different things on these pages that I've forgotten what they all are. I know I used matte medium and Dylusions sprays along with stamps (Club Scrap and others) and a Silhouette cut stencil and even a little bottlecap shape cut on my Cuttlebug. The journaling was computer-generated and cut into strips. Please be kind and thanks for looking.


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to take this opportunity to publicly praise you and tell you how proud i am of you for exploring your creativity this way. I know some of the art journal techniques and such are out of your comfort zone, so way to go!!!! You make me proud sis :).

    ReplyDelete