Monday, April 7, 2014

Hello Story

Last Thursday, I started another class with Big Picture Classes. This one is called Hello Story and is taught by Ali Edwards, a scrapper I have followed for years. She is introducing us to what she calls Storytelling Structures which give us the tools to tell our stories with confidence. She hopes they are designs we can use over and over again. As you may have noticed, I'm not much of a journaler on my layouts but I would like to include more information than I do. I'm hoping by starting with the story in mind, I may achieve that goal. Rather than tacking it on as the last thing when a layout is complete. 

The videos and digital content provided with this class are amazing. I have learned so much already and feel really excited to get these layouts from my head or computer to paper. This first assignment is a Timeline. I chose to make a photo showing the quick change in weather upon our arrival at our motel in Newport, Oregon, last August. This is just a 6x12 photo right now but will be used on a layout depicting more of the story. Just wanted to share it with you so you know I'm doing my homework. More will follow once I pick up my prints at Target. I am so excited about some of these designs.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like the start of this already. Can't wait to see the final page. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is going to be a neat layout!

    ReplyDelete