Saturday, September 13, 2014

California Here I Come

On to Week Eight of Hello Story. The lesson this week centered around using Maps as our story structure. I have been wanting to make a layout like this for a long time. A long time. Photos are from 1975. The cross-country trip I took from Kentucky to make California my new home. A long time ago. The photos are slide scans and aren't the world's greatest quality so I applied a "Seventies" filter to them in Photoshop and that seemed to save them. Seems appropriate. I cut the state shapes in my Silhouette and then colored them with Gelatos. I sprinkled several colors of sprays onto the layout (courtesy of Squirrel Farley who kindly donated her stash to me). A few sequins from Club Scrap stash and some hand dates and locations and the job was done. Oh, I did die cut some geo tags from my Technique Tuesday dies. Gold Thickers title. I am so happy I finally put this layout together to start the albums documenting my life in California. 

No comments:

Post a Comment