Friday, February 3, 2012

Coffee and Cream Counterfeit Results

A few weeks ago, I posted the Counterfeit Kit sent to me by my Squirrely friend Nancy. You can see it here. And a day later, I posted the “photo-less” layouts I created from that kit. You can check them out here. I have finally matched up photos to those layouts and finished embellishing them. I am very please with them. Certainly out of my usual comfort zone for scrappin’. I don’t usually use patterned papers like these. Most of my layouts are created with Club Scrap materials. But I am really liking these and I hope they will boost me to continue, using up the stash I have amassed over the past ten scrappin’ years.

These are photos from a December visit to the Napa Valley with my Hubby and Mom. I talked DH into a short detour to see the Grape Crusher on the hill. The flowers were made with my Spellbinders Peony nesties. I added a few sticker letters from my stash. Otherwise, everything else was in the kit provided by Nancy.

This second layout covers a trip to Mission Santa Clara on the campus of the University of Santa Clara. This was my 21st and final mission to visit in the great state of California. I have now photographed all of them. Thus, Mission Accomplished. This layout, again, was completed solely with materials provided by Nancy with the exception of the Sticker Studio Alpha Tags which have been in my stash for at least ten years. Hooray. USE YOUR STASH!!! Most edges in both layouts were inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink. Both sketches are from the Big Picture Class called Double Take which Nancy and I took together in September/October of 2011. This has been a wonderful experience. Both using materials that I probably would not have chosen as well as sketches which were assigned to me. I have created some layouts that are totally different from my usual presentation. Nice to switch it up a bit, now and then. Thanks for looking. We can’t wait for the reveal of the February kit at Counterfeit Kit blog so we can start the process again.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I think your paper color choices work wonderfully with your photos - nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I like seeing the mission, and such a clever title! Now... How did you get a picture of yourself? ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I forgot to write about Napa, love the way you made the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pages - especially as you were out of your comfort zone! The flowers look great too :)

    ReplyDelete