Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Bombshell Tussie Mussie


My good friend Farley threw down a December challenge to create some Tussie Mussies for the holidays. I will leave it to you to figure out where they came up with that name. My Mussie was assembled from a DCWV paper pad cut on my Silhouette and my new Bombshell Stamp, which I actually converted to a Print and Cut on the Silhouette. She's actually a Retro Cowgirl but I made her take off her Stetson and wear a Santa cap. Colored her with a combination of watercolor pencils and Ranger Distress Markers. Oh, and there's a bit of Stickles also, just cuz it's Christmas. Beads and fibers from Club Scrap. Border punch from Martha.

And here's a little detail shot also. Thanks, Farley, for challenging me to step outside my little box. I hope to make at least one more for the challenge before the Holiday season is over. This one, however, is also being posted at Simon Says Stamp and Show for their Gift-spiration challenge hosted by May Flaum, PaperArtistsOnline and Bombshell Stamps for their December Pin Up Challenge. You just know I had to multi-task.

8 comments:

  1. Totally fabulous "Tussie Mussie" ornament. She looks so hot all glittered up wearing a Santa Hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Now THIS is something different! You've done a very nice job of coloring and "glitzing up" your Tussie Mussie ornament! Love the rosette behind her, too. Both really compliment each other. I really like the squared off cone that she's on, too. Very neat ornament! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next crop, I may need to sit with you guys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent - she makes a great little Christmas Cowgirl. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ornament, love the cheery colours. The rosette is striking and a lovely backdrop for your sassy image. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Days Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. a real fun make and great colours...Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea what a Tussie Mussie is,but whatever it is,it looks fabulous!! Can you stick a small present or candy inside?
    Thanks for joining this Bombshell Challenge!
    Kind regards,Stempelientje.

    ReplyDelete