Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Club Scrap June Hopes Blog Hop

Here we are again for another adventure hopping through the Blogosphere. If you are hopping along, you have joined me from Shonascraps. This month we are creating projects from the June kit called Hopes. Here's a link if you'd like to check it out. I made a layout and a card from the digi kit. All digi images were printed with my Canon inkjet printer on Bristol Smooth. 

Another layout using the Allison Davis 6x6 sketch class. I created 6x6 papers using the digi papers in the kit. Then I cut them down to 2 inch squares for this particular layout. I'm just too cheap to print anything larger than 6x6 on my home inkjet printer. I'm also not that impressed with the results of printing "paper" on that printer so I think any future digi work will be ALL digi or else using graphics only. The layout base and square embellishments were from the Rhapsody and Henna kits. I used Distress Inks to ink all of the edges. The card base was also from Rhapsody. The squares were created using my old square Creative Memories Shape Maker. And the Heart is from a Stampin' Up Embosslit.


Thank so much for coming by to see my stuff. If you want to continue on the hop, please take a leap over to visit Debby at Masculine Inspirations. If you've wandered in here while cruising down a rabbit hole in the blogosphere, head back to Club Scrap Creates were this hop starts. You don't want to miss the wonderful goodies prepared by my Club Scrap friends.

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and card, Jennifer! And thanks for sharing your thoughts, struggles and conclusions made along the way. :) I love the design and format of that card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "quilted" look! The digi paper looks fine from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scrap pages and good to see some familiar faces (saying hi there!!) Beautiful scrares on the page as a border and your card is lovely too. Great shaped card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, your layout is fantastic (love that group of gals) and your use of the digi papers is always an inspiration.

    And don't get me started on your card, WONDERFUL! So much texture and dimension. This sketch is such a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So why are you guys called the squirrels? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout and card are lovely! It's always interesting for me to hear what others also go through with home inkjets and such too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew from your sneaky peeky this LO was going to be awesome. Those interlocking squares are fabulous and perfect for this LO's theme. And that was one wonderful dinner and weekend with my Squirrel Girlfriends. Great memories looking at these photos.

    This card design lends itself to so many looks. L.O.V.E. In spite of all your struggles, these two artful items are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, I love the square embellishments you made! Such a good idea to mimic the patterns in the paper. Your card is beautiful too, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layout. I have jsut ventured out into hybrid scrapbooking combing digi and paper and am loving it. Love seeing those familiar faces in yoru layout too.
    Card design is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your layout, very unique and pretty. Thanks for sharing.
    ncjeepster@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. this layout is great, I love how you did that squares - so precise and perfect! The card is amazing, I wouldn't know it was hybrid!

    as for Squirrels, here's the story in a nutshell... my blog is called SquirrelyArt & occasionally I set up a challenge called the Squirrel Challenge. So if you participated you were a Squirrel Girl, which evolved into the 4 of us in the layout just referring to ourselves as Squirrels ;-) We are kind of like super heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the squares and your card is beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your border is wonderful. Love the card too

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the square border you created on your page, it really adds a nice touch. And your card design is so cool and different. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the way the inked edge make the pattern paper pop. I never thought about printing on 6x6, but I do usually fill up my letter size paper with images before I print.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your layout!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa K.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute pages and card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another amazing digital project!! Never used digital, but I guess it's never too late!

    Thanks for sharing your project!

    Carmen L

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not a scrapbooker, but I love the fun card!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The card is so cute! Love the way it looks like an envelope! Your layout is sweet also! I really like that boxy border used on the left side! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty - your hybrid work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice card - great work at hybrid!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the squares of paper on your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  24. More great inspiration to give hybrid a try! Thanks so much!
    Blessings,
    Melitta

    ReplyDelete