Thursday, June 6, 2013

We Had It All

Believe it or not, I'm back to my Big Picture Double Take class "skitches." This one is from Week Two, Sketch One. It's one of my favorites from the class and I decided to go way outside my comfort zone by using a lot of patterned paper on this layout. It's a stack from We R Memory Keepers called Travel Light. While I was travelling on a road trip, I chose these papers because I thought the colors went well with the photos. These pictures were taken in Castroville in October during my road trip with my sister. We stopped at a landmark restaurant called the Giant Artichoke. And, of course, we had to get the Sampler Platter. The layout is primarily photos which is why it's one of my favorite sketches. However, I did cut the artichoke on my Silhouette and colored the pieces with neon paint and Distress Inks and sprays. I am happy with this layout. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Great layout, love the neon artichoke! Aren't those fried artichoke hearts the best? Used to have a Giant Artichoke right here in San Jose, too bad it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this layout. such pretty patterns and that artichoke is fantastic! Plus, I looks skinny!!Good times sis. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete