Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Kooky Kats

It's that time of year to make a birthday card for my step-daughter. She is a confirmed Cat Lady so it was a MUST to use cat stamps. I used this same set from Gourmet Rubber Stamps last year for her birthday card, but I did use them in a totally different way so I hope it's all right to repeat the set. My dear friends Nancy and Farley are both taking the current Onlinecardclass featuring watercolor techniques. I couldn't be left out in the cold so I did my best to replicate what they are learning in their class, based upon their samples, and those of others around the Internet. Nothing new under the sun, just a reminder of all the various techniques available to rubber stampers. On the cats, I used a combination of Inktense pencils and Gelatos. The background was done with Ranger Distress Inks. Cardstock from Club Scrap. I used my old Hexagon punch from Creative Memories. Ever the multi-tasker, this card is being posted for the weekly sketch  at Operation Write Home. This one is #224. They used squares but I'm going with the hex look. Thanks for dropping in.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this. Love how they all look like they are peering out windows. She will like this very much. Your background is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great images and coloring! I would love for you to check out my blog. I'm offering blog candy for followers. http://alllthingsbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete