Sunday, July 27, 2014

Nature's Beauty


 
Just dipping my toes into the world of stencils. I recently joined the Stencilgirl Club and receive a fabulous set of stencils each month. I haven't used stencils much in my scrapping, even though I continue to buy them. What's up with that??? So I thought I would try out a stencil on this layout. I also used a new tool, received from Farley for my birthday. Tim Holtz Spritzer. I like it although it can be fiddly to use. This time I used one of my Bic Mark-it pens to create a subtle background on the white base pages. All the papers are from BoBunny's Enchanted Garden 6x6 paper pad. The sketch is from Allison Davis. The flower stamps are from Stampin' Up. The photos show our yard in the spring of this year. This first attempt has cured me of my fear of stencils and I think you will be seeing more of them on my pages. Oh, by the way, you probably can't see it, but I did use an embossing folder on both mats on each side of the layout. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. You sure put that BoBunny pad to quick and fabulous work. Your LO is gorgeous and I love how I want to look at each section closely and enjoy all the goodies you used. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of great stuff going on here, and it really captures the feeling of spring and being outside. Can't wait to see more stencil work from you.

    ReplyDelete