Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Whakarewarewa

 Whakarewarewa
This layout was created for the Monthly Sketch Relay at Club Scrap. I used the required sketch from Come Sail Away on a base of brown print and solid from a Michael Strong/Club Scrap collaboration called Whirligig. I also used the coordinating Michael Strong stamps. Love his stuff. The photo mats, etc. are from the Mirror, Mirror kit.
This layout is about our visit with the Durkins in 1989 to the thermal pools in Rotorua, New Zealand as part of our three week journey. That was such a great trip and I am finally getting around to making a scrapbook about it. I have overcome my perfectionistic fear that each page absolutely had to be the best scrapbook layout ever. More important to get ‘er done so we can enjoy our memories. Thank goodness I kept a detailed daily journal on the trip so all the details are carefully preserved. As I make each layout, I type out the entry for the appropriate day. For once in my life, I was organized. Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. that turned out great, and those Michael Strong papers and stamps work so well with the photos!
    WTG, gettin' 'er done!

    ReplyDelete