Saturday, July 14, 2012

You Can Do Anything

Well, this layout is certainly a departure for me in my scrappin' style. In addition, in my everlovin' multi-tasking tradition, it fulfills many inspiration challenges, not the least of which is May Flaum at Camp Scrap. Early in Camp, she challenged us to use sprays on our layouts. This is a supply I have not used much in the past. I applied it to American Crafts white cardstock using Mr. Huey's Spray in Pinstripe through a Julie Balzer stencil called Pointy Circles. After that dried, I applied 6x6 papers (Basic Grey's What's Up) from my Simon Says Stamp May card kit based upon a sketch from Sketch Support. Inspired by a challenge from Glitter Girl Shimelle Laine at Two Peas, I used both ribbon and washi tape on the layout as my borders. All of the remaining elements, in addition to the stamped images,  are also from the SSS May card kit with the exception of the small doily (which was also a challenge from May's Camp Scrap in addition to a challenge to use a kit to create a layout). The doily is from the SSS June kit. I am loving doilies. 
Here is a detail shot of some of the buttons and doily I used. This is very new to me. And I am loving it.

I will be posting this at the Big Picture Classes Gallery as well as Two Peas in a Bucket, Simon Says Stamp and Paperartistsonline for their stencil/spray challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it might not be usual for you but you took those challenges and truly made a fantabulous layout! Gosh I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving it too! That doily peeking out is sweet, the misting of that stencil is very cool, and your button selection is perfect. Not to mention I love all your photos.

    Congratulations...you've successfully broken out of that comfort zone with style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omigoodness. You are stepping out of your comfort zone and I love it. What a beautifully constructed page sissy. And Mal also looks beautiful as ever :).

    ReplyDelete